- How exactly are the cost savings realized?
- How will I be able to measure my energy savings?
- What physical changes will our facilities experience?
- How is IceCOLD® different from PROA’s or “additives”?
- Will installing IceCOLD void my warranty?
- If IceCOLD is so great why don’t the OEM’s support it?
IceCOLD® improves the heat transfer capability of your system. This enables the system to reach it’s thermostatic set point quicker and sustain the temperature longer. This results in a 20+% average reduction in the system runtimes.
According to numerous sources, HVAC represents 35-50% of your total energy consumption. A 20% reduction in A/C expenditures would results in an 8-10% reduction in the total energy bill.
Although this is a general guideline, the actual savings will be impacted by a number of factors including changes in energy rates and outside temperatures as well as modifications to your operations environment e.g. new equipment, construction, additional headcount, change in operating hours etc.
The air coming out of the vents will be noticeably cooler – typically an 2-6 degree lower in vent temperature is experienced within 1-2 weeks after installation. In addition, a 15% reduction in relative humidity also contributes to a more comfortable interior environment.
The concept of “additives” used to improve A/C efficiency is not new. The first “additives” were introduced approximately 20 years ago. Although the concept had merit, these products contained corrosive ingredients such as chlorine, sulfur and wax that could irreparably damage systems.
Over the past 12 years, IceCOLD® has taken this concept and advanced the technology by developing a synthetic catalyst technology that is made up of benign, non-toxic, non-corrosive ingredients to achieve the desired effects.
The ultimate differentiator between IceCOLD® and PROA’s is IceCOLD® performance history and track-record of successful installations and U.S.R.T.’s warranty, backed by a $12,000,000 insurance policy.
Only in the event that your contract states specifically that “no additive or catalyst may be installed in the unit prior to the expiration of the manufacturer’s warranty (typically 1-3 years)”. To protect an additional level of protection to the customer, the manufacturer of IceCOLD® provides an extensive up to five years warranty and a $12,000,000 insurance policy for any unit in which the technology is installed.
There are two primary reasons – emanating from “conflict of interests”:
- Typically 85% of OEM revenues are derived from repair parts and replacement unit sales and maintenance. IceCOLD® does not eliminate this income to the OEM– but does defer these revenues by 20% on average.
- Numerous studies have shown that “disruptive” technologies are universally viewed as a “threat” to incumbent players in any industry with the predictable response being to threaten, discredit or relegate – examples include the iPod, the Linux O/S and “alternative” medicine e.g. chiropractic, herbal remedies etc.
Upon installation of IceCOLD®, the model and serial number of your units are faxed to our office for registration. In the event of a compressor failure – the following sequence of events occur:
- Call 866 947-9330 and ask for warranty assistance
- Our HVAC tech performs a physical inspection of the system
- Sample of the compressor oil is sent to lab for analysis
- Compressor is removed and sent to post-mortem lab for analysis
If IceCOLD® is found to have been responsible for system failure, the compressor will be repaired or replaced at no cost to the customer
Updated on 2016-08-04T10:16:02+00:00, by .